Sunday, March 18, 2018

Mid March Still Slow Sunday Stitching

I'm really enjoying this crib quilt.  Ahhhh.  Relaxing while it's wet and muddy outside.  Another set of leaves is getting connected!  I'm still learning as I go. :)

 
I started this little flower on another project to see how it would go.  I like it.  It will be in my other Sew-to-go bag!  Woohoo for these little pre-printed embroidery crib quilts.  I'll post more on that in the weeks to come. :)  Consider this your sneak peek.
 
 
Speaking of slow... I planted two plum trees yesterday.  They were like little twigs.  Hopefully at least one will survive and I'll be able to can plums in about four or five years.  2022 is my guess of when I'll get something off of it.  Slow and steady wins the race.  They are Methley Plums.  I purchased them at TSC for only $12.99 each.  The trees are self-pollinating and should produce plums in July.  I'm pretty sure these are similar to the plums I loved when I was a kid.

 
Kathy of Kathy's Quilts showed a picture of her fun self with her hair painted green.  Here's a pic of our son at bowling yesterday.  We don't have a lick of Irish in us... but we might as well celebrate anyways.  Below is a picture of him at Saturday morning bowling.  I think he looks like a Dr. Seuss character.
 
 

 


I'm linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.
 

4 comments:

CathieJ said...

Your embroidered crib quilts are really pretty. Your son looks very festive. Everyone is Irish on St. Patty's Day! Good luck with those plum trees.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your crib quilt is coming along nicely but I really like the flower made with the lazy daisy stitches on the new project. I hope your plums do well, I love plums. Have a great week!

Deb said...

Your crib quilt is really looking great and thanks for the sneak peek love the flower. Your son is adorable and very festive.

Suzanne said...

The crib quilt is progressing beautifully. Good luck with the plum tree. We are planting peach trees in a few weeks.