Monday, November 13, 2017

Moving it Forward Monday --Spillin' It

I used to show you what project I was working on for the week quilt wise.  I have a new passion in life... getting healthy.  I have been slowly gaining weight over the past 20 years.  My brother motivated me on Mother's day with just two sentences...

He said, "Happy Mother's Day."  "I lost 50 pounds." 

Well I can't have that!  He's not going to get all the attention during the upcoming holidays about how great he looks.  LOL.  So I started on a diet.  I lost 10 pounds.  Then I came to a standstill.  Religion has been a big part of my life these past five or so years.  I started to pray about it too.

I came across the book Eat Right 4 Your Type by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo.  The book explains what foods one should eat according to what blood type they had.  I have type A.  Yippee, skippee...  I'm supposed to eat mostly veggies, tofu, fish, no red meat, no pork...  Big changes for me.

I tried it.  Today I'm down 35 pounds!  My quest to get healthy has some fun things that I do now.  I have a lot more energy and I like to take our son on hikes.  We LOVE to swim, but winter will have its limits here in Ohio.  We will go to some indoor pools this winter for fun.

Look at my face yesterday in this pic.  Here I am in my new hat.  It was 60 cents at the local KMart that is going out of business...






                    7.24.17                                                              11.12.17



Wow! look at the difference in my face!  I'm lovin' it!  I'm a much happier person! 


8 comments:

Jo said...

You doing a fantastic job. Keep it up...

Donna said...

Congratulations!!!! You look great!!!!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Great job. My dauaghter always reminds me to be good to your future self. After hearing some of the women talk at the quilt shop and how much health care is costing because they've hit the donut hole, I'm off to the gym myself today. Stay healthy.

Needled Mom said...

That is awesome. Congratulations.

Suz J said...

Oh wow... what a great challenge! And it's obviously working because you are happy and enjoying yourself, and you have a beautiful face which was somewhat hiding before! Love the hat :o)

Michele said...

Wow that is a great change and you look terrific. Keep up the good work and I'm so glad that you are feeling so much better.

time4stitchn said...

Simply amazing! I think the results of feeling so much better are worth it. Weight loss is so difficult to make it a life change, not just a food change. Good for you! Hooray! No small feat!

Julianne said...

Wow! YOu look beautiful! I'm so proud of you!