Wednesday, September 6, 2017

WIP Wednesday 9.6.17

This week I am starting to get back into my old "routine".  School is back in session.  I'm doing my scheduled "thing" now.  I love routine sometimes.  Here's what happened this week:

I got my Marvelous Mini Monday Mystery from Temecula Quilt Company on and off the frame yesterday.

 
Here's a picture of the flimsy that I finished this week:
 
 
I had planned on working on this customer quilt on Tuesday and Wednesday:

 
When I took a photo of it (like I try to do to all quilts before I quilt them) I noticed that one of the blocks had an oopsie in it.  Two of the yellow HSTs are turned the wrong way.  I contacted the customer and of course she wanted to fix it before it was quilted.  I dropped it off.  I'll schedule it on the frame on another day.  It is a beautiful quilt!  It was a block-of-the-month project at one of the local quilt stores.  The customer thanked me for finding the error before quilting.


The weather here has been anywhere from the low 60's during the day to 81 on Labor Day.  It feels more like October 1st than September.  This customer quilt is next on the frame:



I'm caught up with Clue #2 of the Sapphire Stars Mystery Quilt that Kevin the Quilter is so graciously leading.  And it's exciting to me that I found Clue #1 and put it with the Clue #2 blocks!

 
I got a lot of hand work done in my to-go bag.  Here's the baby quilt I've been working on:
 
 
I finished Homestead Harvest (pattern by Kim Diehl.)  Read all the details here.
 
 
This was my second needle turn applique project that I carried in my to-go bag.  I'm working on finishing the other project soon.
 
I decided to set my September OMG goal to finishing this huge king-sized quilt.  It was part of the Spangled Stars QA at Susan's blog, Quilt Fabrication.  It started April 30, 2015.  Time to make a back and get it scheduled on the longarm.  I think I'll quilt this with Circle Lord swirls.  I haven't finished any of my own quilts with that giant template board lately.  It's quite popular with my customers.
 
 
 
When making the Welcome Home Sampler, see details here, I accidentally made the wrong house block twice because I didn't turn the correct page.  I ended up with just a house block.  I decided to put a border around it and make it a wall hanging (or mini).  I will cast it unto the to-be-quilted pile.
 
Whew!  I feel like I really accomplished a lot this weekend.  We even made time for the waterpark.
 
 
Linking up with Lorna for Let's Bee Social #193.

Sew Fresh Quilts

Linking up with Susan for Midweek Makers #88.

 
 
WARNING: BIG, BORING LIST AHEAD...
but it is time to update it so I have to do it to keep organized... 
 
Well, again my WIP list is out of control.

Current WIPS 71

Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Cheddar Jack cat pattern from Mama Spark's World 
2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4.  Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6.  Go Four It! -- Scrappy 4-patches started as leader/ender June 2017
7.  Patriotic Folk Animals (from Americana Quilts Book) -- hand work for school
8.   Soul Searching -- need 2 more blocks for Julianne swap
9.  Leah Day Building Blocks QA

10.  Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA
11.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
12.  Mod Mod QA (turning this one into a baby quilt) (from block Lotto, mostly circles w/lines)
13.  Slow Sunday Stitching wool candle mat from Sue project
14.  Bonnie Hunter Garden Party (started 3.18.17.)
15,  Sew Sweet Simplicity BOM (made from shirt scraps)
16.  Kite Girl (RSC14)
17.  Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18.  Cabins at the Lake (from Fons & Porter Magazine) (only one house block complete.)
19.   2.5" Scraps from Dani making "cracker" blocks
20.  Flowers and Watercan (wall hanging)
21.  Little Houses (3.5" blocks)
22.  Split Stars (Block Lotto win)
23.  Spools (Leader & Ender project with Bonnie Hunter)
24.  Scrappy Hourglass Quilt 
25.  Slabs with White Rectangle (RSC14 started -- need blocks each month)
26.  Bonnie Hunter Box Kite class from March, 2017 (Will make baby quilt.)
27.  Super Mario QA
28.  2015 Orange, pink, grey kite blocks (from Accuquilt die, RSC17)
29.  Maroon Sampler Quilt
30.  Gypsy Wife QA (started again with Angie at Gnome Angel, August 2017)
31.  Crown of Thorns in blues
32.  2016 Plus Blocks (from left over pieces of Soul Searching blocks)
33.  RSC16 Folk Art Birds
34.  Kevin the Quilter's Sapphire Stars Mystery (started Summer 2017) 
  
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
2.  Scrap Crystals (working on blue pieces for RSC15)
3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4.  Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
5. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt (my seams don't match Julianne's seams...)
6.  Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
7.  Slow Stitching Bear embroidery project (Started July, 2017 for truck to-go bag.)
8.  Kim Diehl's Table Topper from her book Simple Charm (Started August, 2017 for to-go bag.)
      
Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1.  Block Swap Adventure Orange/Yellow Sampler (2011-2012)
2.  Cruise blocks won from Libby (May OMG Goal?)
3.  Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4.  Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6.  Tall Fly 
7.  Fortune Teller (RSC14 started)
8.  Sonja's Windows string quilt 
9.  Block Swap Adventure (2013) Churn Dash Blocks 
10.  Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks (New QA starting 5/7/17 Gnome Angel)
 
Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)
1.  Surround Stars Pillow (one big block is here somewhere.  It will be a pillow when I find it.)
2. Card Trick (pink and blue) HUGE charity quilt for local quilt guild
3.  Hunter green large (bubbly -- will be a challenge to longarm) charity quilt for the local guild
4.  Spangled Stars QAL (July goal)
5.  Bubble Gum pink and navy charity quilt for local quilt guild
6.  Pat Sloan's, I Love to Make Quilts Sampler Solstice Challenge (Red & White finished top 2017)
 
Ready to longarm
1.  Little Letters QA Quilt (A RSC14 project)
2.  Customer LQS Block-of-the-month quilt
3.  String #2 (very heavy because of muslin foundation) customer quilt.
4.  Aqua and green embroidered customer quilt
5.  Bright string customer quilt
6.  Blue customer scrap quilt (similar to a Bonnie Hunter pattern)
7.  Scrap Therapy Leaves customer quilt
8.  Royal Blue embroidered customer quilt
9.  Blue House Mini
  
Needs Binding
1. Welcome Home Sampler from Cheryl Wall's book Welcome Home. (2016 Slow Stitching proj.)
2.  Temecula Quilt Company Magnificent Mini Monday QA (started June, 2017)
 
 

 

4 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

WOW, you have been busy -- but then when I saw your WIP list I felt so overwhelmed for you! YIKES! You are brave to even write that all down. It's like a Quilting WIP Intervention!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Kathy,
WOWEEEE - you have been one busy girl. I guess routine is GREAT for you. Holy moly - I got tired just reading all your accomplishments. ~smile~ Roseanne

Dione Gardner-Stephen said...

I like your blue, red and white king size quilt. I look forward to seeing it quilted. :)

Bonnie said...

You are so organized! You made some impressive progress. My wip list is really my UFO list. I keep pecking away at it and it doesn't seem to get smaller. Sigh! Glad you are making progress.