Tuesday, May 2, 2017

One House, Two House on the Frame

Moving another WIP forward this week I have started the quilting on One House, Two House.
This quilt pattern I found in a book called Welcome Home~~Surround Yourself With Country Warmth by Cheryl Wall.  I purchased it for $5 on sale at C&T Publishing.  They have lots of great selections that go on sale for $5 (+shipping) often.

 
I'm quilting it with Circle Lord's Square Dance Giant Template Board.  I LOVED the texture that it gave my Big O quilt.  I thought I would try it out on a smaller quilt. 

 
 
Fiber Tuesday Link Party for all fiber crafts
 
I don't usually post pictures of myself, but why not?  Our almost 10-year-old son loves to grab the camera and take pictures.  It's also fun to see the view from his eyes.  Don't mind my messed up hair...  I don't.  It's a casual Sunday after church when I found some quilting time. 
 

You can tell that most of the effects from the Bell's Palsy on 2/11/17 is gone.  My smile is a little crooked, but I'm thankful I can smile again.  I still can't whistle or blow up a balloon.  My eye has trouble adjusting to sunny days.  But it's totally bearable and not the end of the world.  God is good.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I think you have a beautiful smile and gentle soul too. I am on month 11 since my collapse from B12 depletion. I long for normal to return, but find the joy in being able to walk, and sew, and do the small things. Whatever it takes, keep getting back up.

Teresa said...

I love that quilt and the quilting you are doing on it. My husband has a bout with Bells Palsy. He still has some muscle relaxing in his face, but the oddest thing is his tear glands and saliva glands got crossed, so when he eats he cries and when he cries he drools. He recently had surgery on his spine up around his neck for a compressed spinal cord, and surprisingly some of the BP symptons improved significantly. Thanks for sharing!

Susan said...

Love the quilt, and that's a great design to quilt in it. Love the photo of you. My smile is on crooked because I was just born that way. Mostly I don't notice it, but every once in a while it shows up in a photo. So you aren't alone! Great recovery in a short time, it seems to me. The little things do become so much more important to us when something like this happens.