Saturday, April 8, 2017

Multi-Colored Fabrics -- RSC17 Scrap Happy Saturday

This week I worked on adding multi-colored fabrics to my Garden Party quilt.  This pattern is designed by Bonnie Hunter and can be found in her latest book, Addicted to Scraps.  I have decided to try to make one row a week on this quilt -- and attach it to the quilt.
 
Here's spools, Christmas bulbs, rainbow music sheets, Monopoly money and calicos.

 
Here's another Christmas fabric, and more Monopoly money. 

 
Florals and dots and flowers...

 
70's looking Carpenter's star and some purple/orange/pink flowers...  Like Bonnie Hunter always says, if it's ugly fabric, you didn't cut it small enough.

 
 
I'm linking up for the RSC17 on Angela's blog, SoScrappy.  Click over there for lots of inspiration!
 
SoScrappy
 
I completed my RSC15 Sawtooth Sampler quilt this week.  You can read about the finish on yesterday's post.  Here's a picture of the 92" x 92" quilt:  LOVE the RSC!!!  Thanks, Angela.
 
 
 

14 comments:

Chantal said...

First, let me congratulate you on this gorgeous finish. Yes, I love it!! WOW. Love the use of aqua. I think this quilt wants to go to the beach for a picnic. Am I wrong? Second, your Garden Party blocks are so cute. I had to click on the picture to see the Monopoly money fabric. Haven't seen that one before. Too cute! ;^)

Sally Trude said...

What a wonderful scrappy garden party. The multicolor rainbow switch is really bringing out some interesting projects.

Ivani said...

Gorgeous RCS quilt!! You did great!!!
And your Garden Party blocks are beautiful. So smart of you doing the rows and attached then to the quilt, this is something I must consider to my own quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck on your Garden Party goal and congrats on completing your 2015 RSC Quilt!!! LOVE that you chose to make it your own by adding non-rainbow alternate blocks. Changes the feel of the quilt considerably.

Cathy said...

Your finished quilt (Sawtooth Sampler) is awesome! Congratulations!! And I totally love your Garden Party quilt for our multi-colored April. I need to get that book. Thanks for a great post!

Magpie Sue said...

Woohoo! Great finished quilt! and the Garden Party top is coming along nicely too!

Cathy said...

Congrats on that awesome and BIG finish!

And I think I've said it before but Garden Party was in a magazine before her book and I have it dog eared to make someday...probably sooner than later now that I see two of you RSC groupies making them. And what fun fabrics you have, my dear!

PaulaB quilts said...

Congratulations on a fine finish. It's a really lovely quilt you can be proud of. I love the way you are using every colorful scrap in your BH blocks. Keep up the good work!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great quits. Yes ugly fabric just needs more cutting!

Angie said...

Great finish on your Sawtooth Sampler!

Sheila said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your colorful quilt and quilt in progress! I love this RSC, too.

gayle said...

Your stars quilt is gorgeous! And I'm a big fan of Garden Party - it's such a fun quilt!

Frances Meredith said...

You have some great fabrics slipping into your scrappy quilt. Looking forward to seeing it develop.

Deb A said...

Congrats on the beautiful finish. I really need to finish mine....and you inspired me to find mine and get working on it this week.