Wednesday, March 8, 2017

WIP Wednesday 3.8.17

Here it is, Wednesday again.  I have been super productive since I have been home this week.  Look what I accomplished!

The back AND quilting AND trimming is done on Celtic Solstice (2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery).  All the binding is made and sewn down on the back.  The label is made.  ALL I NEED TO DO TO FINISH IT BY TOMORROW is stitch the binding to the front.

I'm going to a Bonnie Hunter workshop on FRIDAY!!!  OMG OMG OMG!  I've got to get ready!

It fits our California King bed so that the drop hits the floor!  My husband LOVES the size of this quilt.  He has thoughts that he might...just might... get to have some blanket at night.  LOL  Come back Friday to see the back of this quilt.  It's definitely a one-of-a kind -- orphan blocks galore!


 
I finished Allietare! (2015 Bonnie Hunter Mystery) this week too!
 
 
I stitched a couple more leaves on my Slow Sunday Stitching project.  ...one leaf at a time...
 
 
I gathered all my RSC15 Sawtooth Star blocks and took inventory of what needed done... and finished all the missing blocks this week!!!  Whohoo.  This will be my next main goal to finish by the end of the month for my OMG (One Monthly Goal) and All People Quilt 2017 UFO Challenge.
 
 
 
I made some red plus blocks for the RSC17 Scrap Happy Saturday at SoScrappy blog.
 
 
I made the most current Pat Sloan block from last week.  Here's all the blocks for Winter Solstice:
 
 
Our son's Mario quilt is not big enough for him.  I'm making Minecraft blocks to go along with it -- he doesn't care if it's a mixed video game quilt.  He loves both of them.  Here's a Minecraft heart.
Kelli from Seriously, I Think It Needs Stitches,  has been having Minecraft Monday for quite some time.  I'm not counting this as a "new" project because I'm just making filler blocks to finish the Mario project -- hopefully by his 10th birthday in June.
 
 
Linking up with Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Be Social
Sew Fresh Quilts
 
Quilt Fabrication for Midweek Makers.
 
grab button for Quiltfabrication
 
I'm also joining in with Mama Spark's for WIPS with Friends.
 
grab button for Mama Spark's World
 
2017 Finishes (listed by date)! 
1.  01.07.17  Country Roads, Humble Quilts Mystery 2015 here.
2.  01.13.17  Stars Stripes & Other Things quilt here.
3.  01.20.17  Candy Cane Mini quilt here.
4.  01.27.17  Sunbonnet Sue charity quilt here.
5.  02.17.17  Large Microwave Bowl Cozie
6.  02.17.17  Medium Microwave Bowl Cozie
7.  02.18-17  Small Microwave Bowl Cozie -- All Microwave bowl Cozies shown here.
8.  02.27.17  Sew Sweet Simplicity 2015 BOM by Jacquelynne Steves here.
9.  03.03.07  Allitare! 2015 Bonnie Hunter Mystery here.


Current WIPS -- too many to count... come back next week and I'll have the total.  It's 80ish.

2017 New Projects...
3 Microwave Bowl Cozies (all started and finished the same week.)
 
 

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Wow....you had a great week. The Solstice looks nice on the bed.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

I can't believe how much you have achieved in a week, wonderful work. Love your rainbow of star blocks.

Lisa in Port Hope said...

Great progress this week! I am sure you had a great time at the workshop.