Sunday, February 12, 2017

Pat Sloan Winter Solstice, Block #8/25 and the Layout Plan -- Slow Sunday Stitching

Oh my... when I started Pat Sloan's Winter Solstice Challenge I thought it was just 25 blocks.  But when I saw the layout for the quilt today on her page here, be still my HEART!!!  I LOVE this layout!!!  So glad I'm all caught up with it. 

I'm also so happy that I started taking my to-go bag with me when I know I will be waiting at places.  Normally I would have done raw edge applique on a block like this and the basket block.  But now that I am confident to deal with my little sewing imperfections I stitch blocks like this down with needle turn applique.  I'm still learning as I go and really enjoying the process.  Thank you, Slow Sunday Stitching group at Kathy's Quilts.!  Check out all the other fun slow stitching projects on Kathy's blog for Slow Sunday Stitching.

Here's my block #8/25 called Never Endling Love.

 
Check out the layout of how this quilt will look!  I'm linking up to Pat Sloan's Blog and linky party here.  I love the way some people moved the hearts around on this block.  The photo of the quilt layout below was also taken from Pat's blog.

Pat Sloan Solstice block 8 placement

Yesterday I had a bout with Bell's Palsy.  You can read about it here.  I'll be taking some goofy pictures of myself now and then to document it.  It looks like I'm making a funny face, but right now this is my actual smile.  The right side of my face is experiencing (hopefully temporary) paralysis.



4 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Your needle turn is marvelous, I am total rubbish at that. So sorry you have to deal with Bells.

Quilter Kathy said...

So great to hear about your increase in confidence with hand stitching!
But so sorry to hear about your bout with Bell's Palsy...hope it clears up quickly for you!

Robin said...

I hope your symptoms disappear just as suddenly as they came. Life isn't for wimps, is it?

Angie in SoCal said...

Bell's Palsy - saying prayers it will pass quickly. Love that heart block. Would make a special valentine.