Sunday, December 18, 2016

Stars Stripes & Other Stuff -- Slow Sunday Stitching

I needed a new applique project to throw in my to-go bag since all of the applique blocks that I have been working on from Cheryl Wall's Welcome Home Sampler is complete.  I just wanted to keep going and practicing applique.

I selected to make some stars for a quilt called Stars, Stripes, and Other Stuff in the book Americana Quilts, by Sandy Sib.  They are not perfect, (I call it a fun primitive), but here are my nine stars ALREADY!!!  I'm really catching on to this applique process. 





Here's what the little quilt looks like in the book.

 
Here's what the book looks like.  I'm still not sure where I got this book... A garage sale?
 
 
I'm linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  The place for today's linky party is here.   It's another gorgeous day outside here in Ohio.  There is a white blanket of snow.   Have a great week, everybody!

 
,

4 comments:

Deb A said...

Your stars look great! Very nice layout you are planning.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Cute stars! Sounds like you are enjoying the process.

Quilter Kathy said...

It's the perfect project to practice applique... with all those sharp curves and star points. Enjoy!

Stephie said...

It's great when you're enjoying sewing so much that when you look up you realise you've made more progress than you thought! Love the fabrics you've chosen too, it's going to look great :)