Sunday, December 4, 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching -- Block 9 COMPLETE!

I finally have the big block 9 complete.  Here it is in all its glory:

 
I think it's beautiful!

I've been working from Cheryl Wall's book Welcome Home.  I really like the quilt designs in the book.  The instructions are illustrated nicely.  They are easy to follow.  The only thing I don't like about the book is that the instructions are cut, sew, cut, sew...  I sat one day and just wrote out all the cutting instructions on pages and pages of notebook paper to help streamline the process when it comes to stitching the blocks.  Other than that, I LOVE the book!

 
I'm linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  It's another gorgeous day outside here in Ohio.  The Cleveland Indians didn't win the World Series, BUT second place isn't that bad.  Have a great week, everybody!


5 comments:

The Crafty Creek said...

Looks great, I love the tree with the bird :-)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It is beautiful indeed! :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Nice! Looking forward to seeing the next block!

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on the progress... that was a lot of leaves to sew!
Thanks for sharing with the Slow Sunday Stitchers!

Karen said...

I love saltbox house designs. I have the book but made one of her other saltbox house designs and have not had the urge to make this one.