Sunday, December 11, 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching -- Block 2 Complete!

Block #2 is now complete.  Oh how I love the churn dash!  Here it is:


I've been working from Cheryl Wall's book Welcome Home.  I really like the quilt designs in the book.  The instructions are illustrated nicely.  They are easy to follow.  The only thing I don't like about the book is that the instructions are cut, sew, cut, sew...  I sat one day and just wrote out all the cutting instructions on pages and pages of notebook paper to help streamline the process when it comes to stitching the blocks.  Other than that, I LOVE the book!

 
I'm linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  The place for today's linky party is here. It's another gorgeous day outside here in Ohio.  The Cleveland Indians didn't win the World Series, BUT second place isn't that bad.  Have a great week, everybody!



4 comments:

Deb A said...

Very nice.

gayle said...

That quilt looks like it's going to be a lot of fun!
I normally don't mind cut-sew-cut-sew (it makes a nice change to get up from the sewing machine and move around for a bit at the cutting table), but I'll admit that I like to know ahead of time that I'm going to need a different sized strip from all those neutrals I just dragged out, before I put them away...

Quilter Kathy said...

I love churn dash blocks too... fun to sew and very pretty in a quilt.
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Vivian said...

I have this book in the "One Day" pile, thanks for a preview! I'm planning on doing a series of house quilts in the near future and am sure I'll be using this book then.