Saturday, December 31, 2016

RSC 2017 Goals

I have decided to try to finish several of the RSC quilts that I started in years past.  Something would happen along the line and I would work on other projects such as The Block Lotto (which Sophie who blogs at Sophie Junction) so beautifully runs.  I still plan on participating in the Block Lotto for 2017.

Speaking of The Block Lotto, here's blocks I won 12/31/14.  Expect to see a finish on this quilt in 2017.  The block on this quilt is called Big O.  This is the first quilt I made with a black background. 



I need to work and finish my Picadilly Circle blocks.  They look like this:

I only need four blocks (bright green and light green, yellow, and dark purple.)  I do need to make all the border pieces of Kelly green, red, dark blue, light purple, teal, dark orange, lime green, dark purple, yellow, pink, medium purple, and bight orange.

I have until Valentine's Day to complete and mail off a quilt top to Julianne of Quilting with Calicos.  We have both been secretly making Soul Searching blocks in 2016.  Then we will swap quilt tops.  I have three blocks to finish and then will reveal my scrappy top that I made for her after she receives it in February.  Kevin the Quilter did a gorgeous Soul Searching quilt in purples and blues.  You can see it on his blog here.  I'll be working on finishing the blocks for her quilt top during Christmas break.  It's getting exciting.  "Soul Searching" is a quilt design by Kathy Doughty of Material Obsession.  Luckily my local library has this book when I need it -- FOR FREE USE!!!



With piece parts that are left from Soul Searching blocks I will make more plus blocks, one by one...



I have almost all of the sawtooth blocks done from the RSC15 challenge.  I need to make the connecting blocks.



I still haven't figured out how to sash and border and finish my kite girl quilt.  It was a RSC14 project.  I love these little kite girls!  They really deserve to be finished.



 On pinks and orange months look forward to seeing some of these blocks.  I need to make a cute baby quilt out of these fabulous kite blocks. I love these cheerful colors!  Now that my fabric scraps are sorted by color it should be a simple fix.  All I need to do is cut and sew!



Inspired by Marcy at Made by me in Red a new project this year will be a scrappy dog quilt.  I love Marcy's scrappy red background.  I haven't picked my background color just yet.  I sure have a lot of pinks that would work well with this, but it's still undecided.  I have until mid January to figure that one out.

This should be enough to keep me busy with rainbow scraps in 2017. 

RSC16

7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like it will be a busy RSC year for you with all of those finishes. I love those Kite girls.

Deb A said...

Busy, busy! Love the ideas for 2017 and such pretty kite girls. Have a happy new years.

Pamela Arbour said...

I love all of your RSC blocks. You have done a great job on all of them.

Chantal said...

Block Lotto quilt is awesome. I am very inspired by its look. Many beautiful projects are ready to keep you busy in 2017. Enjoy! And Have a Happy New Year! ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lots of pieces and parts of quilts waiting to progress and be transformed into finished projects. Looks like you've got the makings of a wonderful Scrappy New Year!!

scraphappy said...

Looks like plenty to keep you busy for another great year of rainbow scraps. Looking forward to seeing those little girls turn into a quilt.

Michele said...

It looks like you've got a good list to start the year with. Good luck reaching your goals.