Friday, December 23, 2016

Prepping for Slow Stitching

I'm really enjoying the process of Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.    But sometimes I need to sew a few things in prep work for what needs hand stitched.  Here's a bunch of 1.5" strips being made into various blocks for Homestead Harvest, a pattern found in Kim Diehl's book.

 
The presents are wrapped.  I really should be C L E A N I N G for all the holiday company I am entertaining tomorrow...  It'll get done, right?  Let's relax with a little stitching.  Christmas break will be over much too soon and pulling out all these neutrals helps me sort fabrics for the Bonnie Hunter mystery that I am still pulling fabrics for...
 
Here's a picture of the quilt I'm making.  Should be some fun learning applique here!

I'm so happy that I found "Ohio Search" button on our local public library website.  I have been using it for some time now.  Whenever there is a book or pattern that someone posts, instead of finding the book and buying it, if there is a copy that can ben borrowed in an Ohio public library, I can request it and it gets delivered to my local library for pick-up.  Then I use it just like a regular library book, paying extra attention to the due date.  Fines are a bit more steep (like $1/day if it becomes overdue.)  Luckily I've been able to make enough notes or scan enough pages onto a flash drive so that I have the pattern that I need.  It's an awesome way to check out quilting books without spending a fortune.  Check it out to see if your local library has that option!  It's well worth it.
 
Here's the cover of the book:
 
 
Isn't the quilt on the cover spectacular?
 
I'm linking up with Myra at the Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts.
 
Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts


1 comment:

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

I have long loved Kim Diehl's books and have several of them. Just so heartwarming and cozy.