Tuesday, December 20, 2016

One House, Two House, Red House, Blue House Top Complete


Here's the completed quilt top for One House, Two House, Red House, Blue House.

This week I was cleaning my sewing area after posting pictures of the blocks all laid out on the table.  Hmmm... It's scheduled for me to complete by June, 2017.  I wonder how long it would take to put the little rows of houses together and put it away in the longarm room vs. one of the shelves in my sewing area (two different houses...).  I had carefully picked them up in rows after laying them out on the table for a photo. 

After a little over an hour this little quilt was put together.  I think it's so cute!  I really doubt that it will take until June to finish. :)  I may do some hand stitching on it.  Not sure of the quilting yet.  It will get a one piece of some sort of plaid or shirting for the back.  Easy, peasy!  Now I can store it in the longarm room.

What a beautiful picture the bright shirtings make against the Ohio snowy background.

I've been working from Cheryl Wall's book Welcome Home.  I'm using up a bunch of shirtings and plaids and just fun little prints.  I really like the quilt designs in the book.  The instructions are illustrated nicely.  They are easy to follow.  The only thing I don't like about the book is that the instructions are cut, sew, cut, sew...  I sat one day and just wrote out all the cutting instructions on pages and pages of notebook paper to help streamline the process when it comes to stitching the blocks.  Other than that, I LOVE the book!

 
Linking up with Mel for Fiber Tuesday #91 here.
 
Fiber Tuesday Link Party for all fiber crafts

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Pretty quilt, looks very nice against the snow. Have a blessed Christmas.

Needled Mom said...

Gorgeous. I love the snowy roofs.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! Your houses really went together quickly!!