Monday, December 12, 2016

Houses

I can't believe has fast these little houses went together.  One day I spent cutting and cutting...  The cutting took much longer than the sewing.  I think they turned out pretty cute.


I've been working from Cheryl Wall's book Welcome Home.  I'm using up a bunch of shirtings and plaids and just fun little prints.  I really like the quilt designs in the book.  The instructions are illustrated nicely.  They are easy to follow.  The only thing I don't like about the book is that the instructions are cut, sew, cut, sew...  I sat one day and just wrote out all the cutting instructions on pages and pages of notebook paper to help streamline the process when it comes to stitching the blocks.  Other than that, I LOVE the book!

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those are cute! What comes next??

Needled Mom said...

Love the houses!

Kathy S. said...

Next I'll see them together and add borders? I may quilt it with my new Circle Lord Milky way giant template board and do some big hand stitching.

Kevin the Quilter said...

Super cool!