Monday, December 26, 2016

Best of 2016

Meadow Mist Designs

Cheryl over at Meadow Mist Designs is again hosting the Best of 2016 linky party,

As I look back through all my posts and quilting efforts, I realized that I spent most of my 2016 efforts on charity quilts for our local guild (I finished longarm quilting at least 16 of them), customer quilts (at least 10 of them), and advancing quilts I have in progress.  I don't think I really had a large quantity of my own fabulous finishes this year.  But here are five of them:

Number 5 -- Winter Wall Hanging, completed 6/24/16
This little quilt was a panel put together by a good friend's mom.  She could not finish it due to having a stroke.  My friend gave it to me to quilt and finish.  It was on my longarm frame from November or so, 2015 until June, 2016.  It was one of the reasons I didn't have so many finishes.  I didn't want to advance it on the frame when I didn't know if I had time to do some of the custom quilting.  But it was an awesome finish (in quilting).



Number 4 -- Hunter's Star, finished for my local quilt guild 10/28/16

This quilt was started by someone in our quilt guild.  I did the longarm quilting and binding on it.  I quilted it with Circle Lord's giant template board, Egyptian Eye (one of my favorites.)  It is a beautiful finish.  It will be one of our guild's auction quilts for 2017.



Number 3 -- Red and White, finished 6/17/16

I get tons of books from our local library (most of them quilty).  I also get tons of dvd's to watch while I sew there.  One of our librarians had a baby girl this summer.  I made this little quilt for her using my Accuquilt signature block.  Although the quilt is small, I loved the red/white.  I will be making Pat Sloan's Winter Solstice quilt in all red/white fabrics for a 2017 winter sew along.



Number 2 -- Flowing in the Breeze (pattern by Beaquilter, finished 8/5/16

I was a pattern tester for this crib quilt for Bea.  She designs beautiful things.  This was a nice pattern using Accuquilt GO! dies.  She designed it for the Accuquilt Qube set.  It is called Flowing in the Breeze.



Number 1 -- 16-Patch, finished 7/29/16

This pattern was just a simple 16-patch quilt that I used scraps during the blue and green months of the RSC16 (Rainbow Scrap Challenge, 2016 that posts each Saturday at Angela's blog, SoScrappy.  I love the group of people that check in each week for the challenge.  I experimented with just an all-over stippling with the quilting.  This quilting was finished on this quilt in 58 minutes (on and off the frame).  I love the colors.  I love the soft feel.  I love how it looks on the clothesline... that's why it's my favorite finish of 2016.



Expect several MUCH MORE ELABORATE finishes for 2017 from me.  I have 71 WIPS on my list for 2017 (I'll publish that list of "starts" on New Year's Day.  I'm hoping for 2017 to have many more favorites to pick from in 2017.  The list will be much harder to decide next year because I have some quilt with hand work (mostly applique), some big Bonnie Hunter finishes planned (Allietare! and Celtic Solstice), a few Block Lotto wins, QA's and BOM's, and much, much more!  I also have two new Circle Lord longarm quilting templates that I can't wait to use in 2017.

5 comments:

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

You were quite busy in 2016. Looking forward to seeing where you go in 2017.

Tami Von Zalez said...

Such beautiful finishes with a longarm - one of those is on my "maybe someday" list.
Red really is a standout, I may zip together a quilt top in that color this year.
Popped by from the Best of 2016 Linky Party.
http://thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Beautiful work and I hope you have a wonderful 2017 as you work through your WIP list!

Cheryl said...

You had a very productive 2016 and I can't wait to see some of the 71 WIPs finished next year. Thanks for linking up to the Best of 2016 linky party!

Angie said...

Lovely finishes and so neat to be able to see the quilting as well!