Saturday, December 17, 2016

2017 Twelve UFOs to Finish

I'm linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times with my hopeful list to finish for 2017 of just TWELVE UFO's.

I'm also linking my posts to the 2017 Planning Party.  You can find the linky party going on at Quilting Jet Girl's blog here.



January -- 2016 Quilt Doodle BOM
The first UFO I need to finish is my Quilt Doodle Designs 2016 BOM.  This is my first blue/white quilt.  I would like to finish it during the first two weeks of January.  I will be part of the blog hop with Cindy from Quilt Doodle Doodles who graciously shares her patterns with us from year to year.  The blog hop is January 19 - 22.  Here are some of the blocks:





February -- Soul Searching Quilt Top for Julianne!

I have until Valentine's Day to complete and mail off a quilt top to Julianne of Quilting with Calicos.  We have both been secretly making Soul Searching blocks in 2016.  Then we will swap quilt tops.  I have three blocks to finish and then will reveal my scrappy top that I made for her after she receives it in February.  Kevin the Quilter did a gorgeous Soul Searching quilt in purples and blues.  You can see it on his blog here.  I'll be working on finishing the blocks for her quilt top during Christmas break.  It's getting exciting.  "Soul Searching" is a quilt design by Kathy Doughty of Material Obsession.  Luckily my local library has this book when I need it -- FOR FREE USE!!!



March -- Allietare!
I'd love to have the 2015 Mystery from Bonnie Hunter complete by March.  I am so excited to be able to attend a class that my local quilt guild is hosting with BONNIE HUNTER!!!  I need to finish this quilt for show n tell!  I ordered the one-pieced back on Black Friday, 2016.  I'm not sure how I will longarm quit it yet. 



April -- Celtic Solstice
I truly would like to have this quilt finished sooner than April (March, but I'm only setting one main goal per month...) so that I can also take it to the Bonnie Hunter class in March.  The thing that is taking so long on this quilt is that I need time to lay it out on the floor and finished piecing the back.  This is the largest quilt I have ever made.  It will be perfect for our California King bed.  I love the Neapolitan color scheme I chose. Celtic Solstice was the 2015 Mystery Quilt by Bonnie Hunter.



...and pieces of the back: 

May -- Big O, Block Lotto Quilt
Expect to see a finish on this quilt in 2017.  The block on this quilt is called Big O.  This is the first quilt I made with a black background.  I finished a quilt top of Big O blocks that I won in the Block Lotto on 12.31.2014.  I plan to longarm quilt it with my new Circle Lord Giant Template Board called Milky Way.  The board arrived yesterday, 12/16/16.  Merry Christmas to me!!! I also got the Square Dance giant board.  Expect some spectacular finishes this year. :)



June -- One House, Two House
In 2016 I started working from Cheryl Wall's book Welcome Home.  I needed projects to take with me and work on either by hand or rotary cutting in my "to go" bag.  For the One House, Two House quilt I was using up a bunch of shirtings and plaids and just fun little prints.  This is a small quilt.  I plan to longarm it and then do some big hand stitching on it...maybe.

I've been working from Cheryl Wall's book Welcome Home.  I'm using up a bunch of shirtings and plaids and just fun little prints.  All the houses and blocks are completed for this quilt.  They need to be sewn together, then quilted, then bound.





July -- Spangled Stars
 This is my first red, white, and blue bed quilt.  It was part of the Spangled Stars QA at Susan's blog, Quilt Fabrication.  Thank you, Susan, for hosting the quilt along.  I thought it would be a great quilt for July.  I need to make a back for it.


August -- Sew Sweet Simplicity
These blocks were from Maxine.  They are mine now and need to be made into a beautiful quilt.  All the blocks are done.  They need to be put together and quilted and finished in memory of Maxine.



September -- Fortune Teller
I started these blocks with the RSC14.  The blocks are beautiful.  I need to make more of them and put them in a quilt.





October -- D9P from Local Quilt Guild
These are the blocks I received at the 2016 Christmas party with my local quilt guild.  My theme was grey blocks with red centers.  Many of us in the group made two blocks for everyone in the swap.



November -- Picadilly Circle
I need to work and finish my Picadilly Circle blocks.  I started this project with the RSC14.  The quilt will be smaller than I like, but it would be a nice quilt to show in the county fair.  They look like this:



 
I only need four blocks (bright green and light green, yellow, and dark purple.)  I do need to make all the border pieces of Kelly green, red, dark blue, light purple, teal, dark orange, lime green, dark purple, yellow, pink, medium purple, and bight orange.
December -- RSC15 Sawtooth Sampler
I need to make all the spacer blocks for the 2015 Sawtooth Sampler for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I may also need to make a few of the Sawtooth blocks. 










 


I'm sure there are more blocks... you get the idea.













9 comments:

Robby said...

wow! Your color scheme for Celtic Solstice takes that in a whole new and fantastic direction. You may have inspired me to consider making that after all.

The Joyful Quilter said...

You've got some AWESOME projects lined up to finish next year!! Best of luck attaining your monthly goals.

Julianne said...

Oh my girlfriend! I have some of those same ones to complete, Picadilly & Allitaire, then of course another 10 bags of blocks that need to be put into tops. So much to do! I also need your last two blocks for your Soul Searching quilt! Yippee! By the way, I'll take those Big O blocks off your hands, love that quilt! Oh and thanks for the new inspiration of the Fortune Teller blocks...like I needed something else to do! Love you!!

Quilter Kathy said...

So many wonderful projects to enjoy next year!

Angie in SoCal said...

I LOVE the colorway for Celtic Solstice - think that is my favorite one. All the projects are beautiful. If you run out of time - you might consider making some into table runners or table toppers. Look forward to seeing your progress.

AnnieO said...

Wow, lots of hours of piecing in your past! Great quilts to have a pile of at the end of the year :)

Kate said...

Beautiful quilts and blocks! Celtic Solstice is beautiful, love your color palette for it and for Allietare. Good luck with your 2017 plans.

Tami Von Zalez said...

Was impressed you had broken the goals down by months - so many projects!
Popped by from the link up.
http://thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Thank you so much for linking up! You have a great plan for 2017 and I hope you have a lot of fun working on all the projects you have lined up.