Saturday, December 24, 2016

2016 Quilt Doodle Designs Top Complete!

I was so excited to stay in all icy Ohio weekend last week and finish this quilt top.  It is the 2016 Quilt Doodles BOM quilt.  The quilt was designed by Cindy Staub who blogs at Quilt Doodle Doodles.  Monthly patterns are still available in her shop.  You can get more details about this specific quilt on Cindy's site here.

January, 2016 was a blue month for the RSC16.  That was when I decided I would do an all blue quilt.  I'm linking up to the RSC16.


This is my first all blue quilt.  I'm sure now it won't be my last.  I just LOVE the way it turned out.  I'm pretty sure I will use dark buttons to embellish it after quilting.  Reindeer need eyes, hats need button tops, Santas need eyes...  Maybe even the wreaths will get holly buttons to even it out.  It will be fun to dig through my grandma's precious vintage buttons to see what will work.

I already know that I will be using my new Circle Lord giant template board, Milky Way on it.  Can't wait to use it.  The poor UPS guy walked up 800 feet of icy driveway (and up and down the hill) to deliver it this week.  When a fit young man!  And he did it with a smile.  We get great service here!

Anywho... here's what my new Circle Lord template looks like:



Check out all the great Circle Lord products on Michael and Kay's site here.

I need to go through my stash to find a bunch of big pieces of blue to piece a back.  I hope to have the whole quilt done by the time of the Quilt Doodle Designs blog hop January 19 - 22.  I'm expecting a spectacular finish on this one.



grab button for Quilt Doodle Designs  RSC16

5 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

It's beautiful in all blues. Merry Christmas to you! What longarm do you have?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Have FUN with that new board. Your quilt is going to be SEW cute!

Angie said...

What a festive quilt - I love that you made it in BLUE instead of traditional red & green!

Katie Z. said...

What a great quilt!

Michele said...

That really turned out great.