Monday, August 1, 2016

BOM's Away


 
Deb won the challenge block quilt suggested by Icy Mae in our local quilt guild.  Now it is Debbie's turn to suggest the block.  Deb provided us with one white on white square, one white on white circle, and two foundation circles.  Our job for this challenge is to use our own fabric for a background and circle and make two blocks.
The above photo is an example of two completed blocks.  Blocks need to be returned to Deb by the business meeting on October 25, 2016.

Here's what Deb provided:
 
Here's what I added.
 
Oops!  While stitching on the circle the thing that holds the needle slipped off of the needle bar.  Glad I have an awesome husband that has an Allen wrench that size--and he let me keep it with my sewing stuff!
 
 
Funny fact about my husband (cause I wouldn't dare post this to embarrass him on facebook...) He wanted to cut off an old pair of jeans to make cutoff shorts.  History:  His mother was an AMAZING seamstress.  He was rooting in the kitchen for the scissors that we cut pizza with to cut his jeans.  I realized what he was looking for and I told him it was okay to cut the jeans with my good scissors.  He didn't even ask to use my good scissors.  I love this man with all my heart!  I love the values that his mother taught him.

 


I'm linking up with Lynette at What a Hoot! for BOMs Away!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgBR-7V6Wdhfo9pJZC0HHUDpRYwD-HiHuOGXZu5ujS1d2bLy5QBaJdGy-v-aAGRTf4UvRJeEcqqbmVCaS1r-lWNJXAXtI2WV3pGR-PfvcP1PMARLNIAswmXxRuC5A-1Rkn4fhLcRjBQv2Y/s1600/BOM+Button.jpg

3 comments:

Julianne said...

Ed is Awesome!

Needled Mom said...

LOL His mother taught him well!!

Susan said...

He is definitely a keeper! As is your MIL.