Saturday, November 29, 2014

RSC14 Scrap Saturday 11.29.14

I took a little break from the Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt Along by Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville to put together my little mini quilt (doll quilt) with Lori from Humble Quilts.  You can find the instructions for Cascadia here.  I was playing with my little blue 1.5" squares on this one.

Here's my Cascadia quilt top completed:

 
$100 gift certificate giveaway at Victorian Motto Shoppe!  Tell them Kathy S. from Kathy's Quilting Blog sent you!  Woot woot!
 
I also spent a lot of Black Friday cutting triangles for Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt (by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville).  I'll refer to it as GIMQ.  Here's most of my blues (aqua) triangles.
 
 
Grand Illusion

 
I found this free pattern today (thanks to Julianne again...).  I thought it would be a cute way to use scraps during the RSC14.  It's called Urban Classics by Nancy Mahoney.  You can find it and many other free patterns on Nancy's page here.  This will be my NewFO!  I will continue to make blocks monthly with the RSC colors.  My kite girl blocks will be complete in the next month or so.  I need a new project to keep me busy.  LOL.
 
Soscrppy
 
 I'm linking up with Angela at ScrapHappy blog. for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, 2014.
 
I'm also liking my NewFO to Barbara's blog Cat Patches.
 
In other RSC14 news, I finished my little quilt top for the Little Letters QA at  Temecula Quilt Company.  I may add a little 2.5" border yet, after seeing Sharon's flimsy of Vroomans Quilts.   I LOVE it.  I especially love the colors that I chose.  I came across this little QA when I was looking for something to make for the October RSC14 in the colors of brown, grey, and black.  I also love the way it blends in with our Ohio November weather this week.  Today we have half a blanket of snow.

You can find the instructions for the Little Letters here.

5 comments:

scraphappy said...

I love that you have already started to work on next years RSC project, thinking about the next project is part of the fun of finishing things up.

Kate said...

Your alphabet quilt turned out beautifully! Lots of scrappy fun going on in your sewing room.

sunny said...

Great work!!! I've been seeing the ABC's around, but this is the first time I've seen them put together, and I LOVE it!!

Nell's Quilts said...

Your little quilt in blues and orangey yellow is lovely. Great little alphabet quilt. The modern classic is an interesting block. I'll have to try it.

Dasha said...

Love your NewFO. Such pretty colours.