Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Frosty & Friends WIP

This week I came across this box.  It's time to start thinking about teacher gifts.  I'm glad that I just went through all my magazines and quilt books last week so that I could quickly and easily find the pattern that I needed for it.


 
Let's see what we have in it.  It's a wrinkled mess.  At least I left myself a little note...

 
I only had snowman heads with hats and half of the first button sewn together.  At least everything in my little "kit" was already cut.  That and picking out the fabric is more than half the battle for me.
 
I sorted and worked and got it to this point.
 

This is a pattern by Debbie Mumm.  It is in a book from 1992 called Quick Country Quilting.   You can also find a FREE pattern on Debbie Mumm's site FREE here.

Here's the quilt I made for my son's kindergarten teacher last year:



I like the lighter grey for the background better than the dark grey.  The mini quilts will be cute with either.  I like the blue ones too.  Can't wait to get all those checkers done.  Debbie Mumm has a different way of doing them by sewing all seven strips together and then cutting.
 

No comments: