Sunday, November 9, 2014

Celtic Solstice Progress?

This week I got a little frustrated while making the back of Celtic Solstice.  I've been working on it for weeks...  Here's some of what I have to show for it.


 
I've been using orphan blocks and making blocks in my colors to make it kinda like the back of Bonnie's Florabunda.  I'm not close to getting it big enough. but I am using up tiny tiny blocks that I wouldn't have used any time soon.  I think I'll just keep going.  I may have to incorporate more colors and use other orphan blocks.  I was trying to keep the colors cohesive (believe it or not).  I do have a ton of orphan blocks...
 
At this point I took a five mile walk.  It felt good.
 
I guess I can work on it either Tuesday or Wednesday this week.  I have to have a big block of time that I can lay it all out on the floor while my helper is at school.
 
I'm linking up at Jo's Country Junction blog for the Bonnie Challenge Update.  I still haven't pulled fabrics for the mystery this year.  I just feel I have to get this one more finished than this.  The new challenge will consume most of my time.

2 comments:

Julianne said...

Ok, I am confused...the second picture is the backing for the quilt? A big chunk of It looks like Celtic Solstice, did you have alot of leftover blocks? I love how you spelled out Celtic Solstice, that looks awesome! I am gonna dig around in my orphans for some to send to you too!

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

I love that idea! I haven't figured mine out yet.