Wednesday, September 24, 2014

WIP Wednesday 9.24.14

I'm super excited about getting caught up on project after project.  Here's what happened this week:

I thought I was all caught up on my Quilt Doodle Designs 2014 BOM.  After looking at this picture I can tell that I clearly forgot to put the appliqued blade on each hockey skate.   I also got the toasty mugs done this week.  I love the heart steam on the 4th one.  (Click photo for detail.)  The blades will just take a little bit this week and I'll be able to call it caught up.  But I am loving this scrappy goodness so far.

 
All of my kite girls for this year is caught up.  I'll finish the orange kite girl this week!  This is one of the blocks that I use for my RSC14.  I'm getting attached to these blocks! The block is made from 2" squares.  The block pattern can be found at Q is for Quilter blog. Here's green:
 
 
Another project I am making for the RSC14 are churn dashes.  These little blocks are so addicting! This is the pattern that is free at Jo's Country Junction blog.  It's called Scrumptious Butter Churn.  You can find the pattern here.  The blocks are 7.5". I made these last week
 
 
Then I decided to use them as a leader/ender project and made a few more:

 
New Projects This Week
None
Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1.  Underpants Project 
2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4.  Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6.  MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
7.  Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Celtic Solstice Mystery
8.  Gypsy Wife QA (recycling  Red/White Flower Basket Quilt into this project & duds.)
9.  Quilt Doodle Doodles Designs 2014 BOM
10.  Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA
11.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
12.  Mod Mod QA (turning this one into a baby quilt) 
13.  Pat Sloan Globetrotting BOM 
14.  Super Mario QA
15.  Spring Sampler Series at Cora's Quilts
 
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1.  NY Beauty
2.  Orca Bay
3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4.  Red Frosty & Friends quilt #3
5.  Maroon Star Sampler Quilt
6.  Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7.  Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9.  Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt) (Set as a Q2 Goal)
10.  Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
12.  Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #1
13.  Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #2

Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1.  Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2.  Butterfly Blocks (that I won) (Set as a Q2 goal)
3.  Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4.  Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired) (worked on these blocks this week.)
6.  Tall Fly
7.  Block Lotto Dud (Orphan Block Quilt)

Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)

Ready to longarm
 1.  Market Day Sew Along (Heartspun Quilts)

Quilted, needs binding
1.  Dutchman's Puzzle

Completed this week:

  My WIP count this week is still 37.  My WIP goal for New Years Day 2015 is 19.  I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
 
I am working from this list right now.  I need to get caught up on my BOM's and county fair projects.
 
1.  Complete my Born on the 4th flag quilt before the fair deadline of 8/20.
2.  Completed my mounted block before 8/20 for the same fair.
3.  Complete my Paris, France block for the Pat Sloan Globetrotting BOM.
4.  Pull bright green scraps for the RSC14.
5.  Pull black and white and bright scraps for the Block Lotto windows blocks for August.
6.  Pull fabrics and make Sweet Tooth row for the Quilt Doodle Designs BOM.
7.  Cut fabrics for the July Toasty Mugs row for the Quilt Doodle Designs BOM.
8.  Cut fabrics for the June Northern Hockey Skates row for the Quilt Doodle Designs BOM.
9.  Cut fabrics for June Star block in the Cora's Quilts Super Mario Brothers QA.
10. Cut fabrics for July Cloud block in the Cora's Quilts Super Mario Brothers QA.
11. Cut fabrics for August Mushroom block in the Cora's Quilts Super Mario Brothers QA.

12.  Finish longarming Pegasus 2014 charity auction quilt for my local quilt guild.
13.  Select fabrics for the ugly churn dash block for the quilt for my local quilt guild.
14.  Decided how I want to quilt the Market Day Sew Along from Heartspun Quilts blog.
15.  Finish Block 8 of the Spring Sampler at Cora's Quilts.
16.  Finish Block 9 of the Spring Sampler at Cora's Quilts.
17.  Complete the August Churn Dash block for the Classic Meets Modern at SewatHomeMummy.
 
WHOHOO!  I only got three more things to do on this list!!!
 
 

1 comment:

Julianne said...

LOVE LOVE Loving your Quilt Doodles progress!! Super cute!