Sunday, March 30, 2014

Triangle QA, Week 2 -- Cutting

Triangle QA Week 2 -- Cutting
The triangles are cut for the Triangle Quilt Along @ The Sassy Quilter blog.  I really like all of the orange colors with the purple.  I'm not sure about that teal and chartreuse color in there.  The grey should be okay.  I am going to be a little out of my comfort zone again and throw the triangles in a bag and sew them together.  Hopefully I have enough mix to make it interesting.



The Sassy Quilter
 
 
And now for a yummy camping recipe I found on my friend's page on facebook...
 
 
Bonfires mean camping food... which means it's time again for the ONION BOMBS!!! Easy, simple and absolutely DELICIOUS-- you just can't beat that combo!!!
(hee...hee-- -and they are LOW CARB!!!)

Ingredients:
large onions
ground meat (I prefer turkey!!)
seasonings to taste ( could use any good seasoning blend!)

Directions:
1. peel your onions and cut them in half as equally as possible.
2. Prepare your meatballs how you want them-- I used Italian seasoning, oregano, chili powder, minced garlic, ketchup, worcestershire sauce and some bread crumbs
3. Size your meatballs so that they can be squished between two pieces of onions. Some meat will push out the ends and that is okay!!! Just make them as compact as possible!!
4. wrap each onion bomb in tinfoil-- might want to double them since they'll be tossed in the fire! Make sure not to poke holes in the foil!!
5. toss in the fire and try to get them in the coals.
6. cook for about 10 minutes, flip 'em around and cook another 10 minutes or so!!!

1 comment:

CeLynn said...

That is a couple pretty stacks of triangles!