Friday, February 7, 2014

LQG Ship Charity Quilt -- Friday Finish

This week I finished a charity quilt for our local quilt guild.  I don't know which member of our guild added the quilt to the to-be-longarmed box.  It seems like someone was a queen bee or someone won these blocks.  Blocks have come from all across the United States.  Some of the blocks have the block makers' signatures on them.  All are dated 1992.  This WIP is now complete and will find a nice home through our quilt guild.

The back is a simple one-fabric back.  I longarm quilted it with Circle Lord Swirls in white thread.


I'm happy to link up today's finish with Richard and Tanya Quilts for the Link-A-Finish FRIDAY.
 
I'm also linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts:
 
I'm also linking up with Elizabeth at Such a Sew and Sew. for the January Finishes Linky Party.
 
 
I'm also linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts:
 
 
It's the first Friday of the month, so it's time for the FNSI.  My plan for the FNSI is to work on my RSC14 (Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014).  I need to make a girl/kite block with the girl wearing pink.  After that I plan to cut 2.5" strips of paper.  (I am using the long brown paper that comes as the wraping on a roll of Warm & Natural batting) ... gotta upcycle!  I plan on cutting 42 strips.  After I cut my 42 strips I am going to use them as foundation for strings of all sorts.  I hope to put a dent in my pink strings.  Should be some fun, mindless sewing.  See what the others are doing at Gone Stitchin'.
 

5 comments:

CathyC said...

such a lovely finish - I am sure it will be treasured wherever it ends up :) visiting from FNwF :)

Leanne said...

Thats a beautiful quilt, I'm sure it will be very loved.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Turned out beautifully, nice finish.

SIMPLESEW said...

stopping by from the Linky party Stitch in Time, love the boats..

Elizabeth said...

What a fun quilt! I love the quilting you did -- looks kind of like waves for all those cute ships! I'm sure someone will love receiving that quilt. Congrats on a great finish and thanks for linking up!

xo -E