Wednesday, January 15, 2014

WIP Wednesday 1.15.14

 Another busy and productive week. 

I finished the Giant Starbust QA at Canoe Ridge.  It turned out lovely!



I picked up another quilt from our LQG to longarm.  The back is ready too!



Surprise... I started another QA.  It's Leah Day's Building Blocks QA.  I hope to learn more freehand longarm quilting designs with this one.  I did the first three blocks for this week:



I finished my two improv tree blocks with Beth at Love Laugh Quilt blog is having a Christmas QA for 2014.



I finished my version of a modern block at  Sew at Home Mummy in the Classic Meets Modern BOM



For the RSC14 (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) I cut a lot of blues, and made four scrappy blocks.  I love these cut little 7" (fin.) English Wedding Ring blocks!  Little by little I'll use up my scraps and it will be a quilt!



I forgot that I had three more snowmen quilts (Frosty & Friends) that I started in November, 2013.  I forgot that they should be on my WIP list.  This will bring my WIP list up to higher than ever...  Here's the red one I did finish just in time for a teacher gift:



I'll be using orphan blocks and strings and following along with the Gypsy Wife QA.

GypsyWifeQAL

I loaded my Quilt Doodle Designs 2013 BOM quilt on the frame.  I am doing some freehand quilting.
 
I made the top and back for this Flight quilt (I saw it on Molly Flanders blog and just had to make it.)
 


New Projects This Week
1.  Love Laugh Quilt 2014 Christmas QA (January blocks complete)
2.  Classic Meets Modern BOM (January block complete)
3.  Gypsy Wife QA
4.  Flight (top and back already finished! -- just needs to make it to the longarm frame.)
 
Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1.  Herringbone OSU quilt
2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt) -- Received blocks this week 12.2.13
 3.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
 4.  Picadilly Circle (actually made a block this week for the RSC2014 block)
 5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
 6.  MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
 7.  Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Celtic Solstice Mystery (Still working on chevrons; others done).
8.  Quilt Doodle Doodles Designs 2014 BOM (January done)
9.  Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA (January blocks done)
10.  Classic Meets Modern BOM (January block done)

Blocks Still Need to be Made
1.  NY Beauty
2.  Orca Bay
3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4.  Red/White Flower Basket Quilt
5.  Maroon Star Sampler Quilt
6.  Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7.  Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9.  Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
10.  Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
12.  Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #1
13.  Blue Frosty & Friends quilt #2
14.  Red Frosty & Friends quilt #3

Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1.  Block Swap Adventure Sampler (2011-2012)
2.  Butterfly Blocks (that I won) (Pulled out the blocks for this in December, 2013)
3.  Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won) (Pulled out the blocks for this in December, 2013)
4.  Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; January 2013

Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)
1.  Grandma's WIP -- Cameo Rose (this one is a long-term project)
2.  Grandma's WIP #2 (This is also a long-term project)

Ready to longarm
1.  Dutchman's Puzzle
2.  2nd Split Decision baby quilt
3.  Spring Mystery 2013 (still need to rip out those early longarming eyelashes)
4.  LQG Ship charity quilt
5.  Quilt Doodle Designs 2013 BOM Quilt  (on the frame)
 6.  LQG pastel squares charity quilt
7.  LQG 2" scrappy squares
8.  Happy Quilting Star Surround QA
 
Quilted, needs binding

Completed this week:
1.  Giant Starburst QA
   This moves my WIP count at 38 to 43.  Better get quilting...  My WIP goal for New Years Day 2015 is 19. 
   Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

SandyPA said...

Congrats on checking off a couple items from your WIP list. Mine is pretty long, too. Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

Francesca Celeste said...

Love the Snowmen!

Karyn said...

I also love the snowmen and the giant star quilt at the top of the post!

Elita@Busy Needle Quilting said...

Wow! You are one busy lady! I especially like the English Wedding ring blocks & the snowman quilt but all are super! Great job!

http://www.busyneedle.ch

Michele said...

That is a lot done. Good for you. Me not so much this week. Oh well. There is always another day.